View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: There\'s a third time for everything

I've only ever folded KK once pre flop, and it was against a tight player who raised and three bet me. No way I fold here against someone who's range is not exactly AA or AA/KK/AK, especially if I have a read that someone will overcall with cheese.

Just to throw some numbers out, if his range is QQ+, AK you have 57%+ equity against him HU. With JQs in the mix your equity is a little over 45.5%, but since JQs is one of the worse (from your perspective) hands for third party to have given that he does not have AA/KK (by your read), you should have at least that equity against his range. This sure looks like a real high expectation high variance call to me.

I'm not going to *CALL* three thousand out of nowhere into a nothing pot without the nuts. I'm just not. Besides, I can still get good ROI on these chips later on if I just keep my head. Nobody is going anywhere.

Ugh! The only way I accept this is if losing this hand puts you out of this session, but if this is the case I would argue that you entered the game unprepared. Also, it is most certainly not a nothing pot, it has over $3200 in it.

If you have a solid read the guy has aces or even aces, kings or AK without a read that the third party will come along with crap, then fine. If there is some meta game reason for this, I think it needs to be pretty substantial to pass up this spot. From the info given, this is the only hand you have posted I recall where I think you fumbled.