View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: The King and I Trip Report

OK a alternative trip report for Thinman which will I think appeal even less to the OOT audience than the first edit.

Went to see King and I last night had got fornt row tickets for my daughter and our lass. I was going to have a nice peaceful relaxing night before leaving for work for 10 days, unfortunatley for me as it was my last day my daughter insisted I took her, this sort of show really isnt my cup of tea but she wanted me, so I agreed.

Got to the Theatre parked up nearby and walked hand in hand across to the Theatre chatting happily as fathers and daughters do, was driving so didnt stop for a drink in the bar so straight down to our seats. Front row the stage wasnt too high so was a really good view.

Was good to be at the front as we could look into the orchestra pit so gave her a bit more to look at and see what goes on around a show (she goes to stage school once a week so is good experiecne for her).

Was thirsty so got her settled and ran up to the bar to get us a couple of bottles of coke and rush back in enough time that she wasnt too worried and got back just in time for the curtain going up.

Show was boring for me although the singinag and acting was fine wasnt my cup of tea so was very boring, however my daughter was in her element quite happy and nodding along to the music etc.

The interval came so overpriced ice creams all around. Had a bit chat got her to ring her mam to tell her we would be later back than expected and that she was enjoying it.

After the interval was getting late and my daughter was getting tired and a bit bored as she only really liked the scenes with the King, as she was tired she jumped on my knee and got a hug while the show continued.

After an eternity it ended so we braved the crowds to get back to the car, her holding on tight so not to get lost, back to the car park and a huge queu to pay but we stood in it and chatted about the show etc. She didnt have a favourite character she liked them all equally.

Got her home for 10.30 her mam put her straight to bed while I packed my car with my clothes etc for the next two weeks. Went up said goodnight to her big hugs and kisses from her got in her good books putting her fan on after her mam had said she couldnt have it, and so left her smiling and happy and me feeling crap that I wont see her again for so long.