View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Adjusting from super LAG play against specific opponents (long)

Hey guys...

As a TAG player, it is my tendency to play each and every hand that I am in super-aggressive, and to never relinguish the pot. This is my general strategy for a full table, and generally, it works.

Whenever I am in a hand, I find that I become a super LAG postflop, and will stop at nothing to try and push another off a hand (be it better or worse than my own).

As of late, I have been playing some extreme shorthanded live play with some friends ($25NL, 3-4 handed)- many of them are calling stations and are incapable of making a laydown. They will frequently play for all their chips on top pair/no kicker and crap like that. Shorthanded opens my LAGish tendencies to a higher level, and I can't ever seem to lay hands down

So, my question is, how do you adjust according to your opponents. How can I become less loose/aggressive when it gets down to shorthanded play?

All my strong betting seems so automatic that it is slowly becoming highly unprofitable to play against these extreme calling stations. I will make strong moves at the river, and will usually be called by middle pair.

For instance- I had A7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] last night on a AK2 all [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop. My opponent bets and I raised him all in. This is my tendency- to try and bully him and push him off a better hand (in reality, my opponent held J7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I was drawing dead).

Help me strive away from being too crazy post-flop. I don't know if there are any solutions, but any advice would help.