View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Flop action, annoying player takes different lines

So this guy was my "mark" at the 400NL 6 max table, with 95/20 stats. Unfortunately he's not co-operating. Generally he's been playing aggressively but quite randomly, and showing down very few hands.

He's in the SB when I'm in the cut-off, and he's been calling all raises and I'm not hitting. First, when I bet the flop, he called, we checked the turn, and he led the river; later, I checked behind on the flop and he bet the turn. On a third occasion, he led the flop for 2/3 pot.

I'm raising 13% hands, and playing normally (ie mostly taking the pot on the flop) against everyone else.

Hand 1

So, I open raise to $16 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Folded to SB (villain), who calls. Effective stack size $350.

Flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Check, I lead $26 into $38 pot, he check-raises to $175. Are my jacks a through ticket here? Call and move in on any non-club turn? Fold (gasp)?

Hand 2

50 odd hands later. Effective stack sizes about $450. I've raised villain's BB pre-flop and been bet off the pot on the turn in between.

I raise to $16 from CO-1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB (villain) and BB calls. BB is loose and passive, and tight post flop (34/2). I've seen him min check-raise a few times.

Flop $48 and 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Villain leads for $30 and BB calls. My move?