View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: I\'m back, serious thoughts on possible 215 ROI\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If a reasonable person plays 1000 SNGs and has a 12% ROI, and then goes on a horrible run and drops 37 buy-ins over 50 SNGs... what will his answer be if you ask him "what is your ROI?"

He will say 12%. Even though it is not.

I see it all the time, on this forum and in person.

I see honest, professional, poker-playing friends respond the same way.

My 6% number is a REAL number. It counts misclicks, internet disconnects, drunken evenings, bad decisions, family deaths, and a breakup with your girlfriend. It counts a bad streak that may be worse than what you think you deserve. It also assumes that the player multi-tables.

Life and statistics happen.

Many players will play a lot of $215s and have better than 6% ROI. I know several with >10% for a long time.

But if you want to know what the true, expected long-term ROI of a great player over 1 year, or 10,000 $215 SNGs will be... it will be closer to my 6% than to any number suggested by other zealots.

Anyone who vigorously disagrees with this will not be around to argue the fact in 12 months. (a side bet I have yet to lose)

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the smartest thing said in this entire thread. I have yet to meet a player who honestly takes into account every SNG played whether they're drunk/sober/upset, etc. They conveniently leave out cold streaks and thus don't get a true ROI reading.

[/ QUOTE ]
cmon, you really think most people who use SNG tracker go through and delete imported tournaments? I mean, even if I wanted to alter my stats I would probably be too lazy to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

not everyone uses a program to track. im old school and like using excel. very precise, and itll never miss one unless i get stupid. holla