View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: nintendo revolution controller

[ QUOTE ]
nintendo IS trying to reinvent itself. the machine is code named REVOLUTION for christ's sake. for this product to be successful a couple of things must happen: 1) they must have 20+ titles at launch, obviously a mario game, a metroid game, and even a zelda game, and most of the other games must use the controller to at least 75% of it's potential. You might say 'duh' to this, but I have yet to see a game really use the touch screen on the DS creatively yet. 2) they must spend as much time to get it right as possible. they are already going to be 3rd into the marketplace, so waiting a bit longer for a better product will probably work in their favor. 3) nintendo must launch this thing with 2 controllers. the diehard nerds will be the first in line to get this, but outside of that, there are going to be a bunch of people that say "that controller looks weird". nintendo must spread knowledge about this by getting people to actually try it and get comfortable with it.

I believe this is very creative. Where the 360 and PS3 just offer upgrades in visuals, nintendo is taking gaming in a different direction. if you would have asked me 3 days ago if i was going to buy a revolution, i would have looked at you like you were nuts. today, i'm considering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy understands.