View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Basic Pot Odds Questions - Please Help a New Guy

I think you might already know this but I'll go through the first part of your second question.

[ QUOTE ]
…when calculating pot odds for a call, and then someone raises behind you, are your pot odds thereafter calculated on a cumulative basis for that round? For instance, when it comes back around to you, and say you intend to call the raise, are the odds based on the sum of both of your calls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Best way to explain this is probably just to take the example I used from the first question and extend it to having someone raising behind you.

As before, preflop there is $40 in the pot.

One person bets, and (as we just discussed) you call the $10 into the total pot of $50 for 5 to 1 (total pot now $60).

But after you call, the next player raises $10, so he makes the total pot $80. (the $60 from before plus the $20 more he just put in)

The original bettor calls the $10 more. Total pot now $90.

Now it’s your turn. You have to call $10 more into a pot of $90, which gives you 9 to 1 odds.

Your original call of the $10 is now simply an amount that is in the total pot.

Sorry, I don’t really want to tackle the next parts of your question because it’s been a while since I’ve read TOP. I’m sure someone else can answer it.