View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: AK squeeze play--good,bad, awful?

Hmmm...can't say that I really like it. I think with all the action behind your original limp you can assume that you're looking at at least one PP 88 or better, and at this level I think you'll get called down by a pair (this is small-stakes poker after all.) Granted, you could just as easily be looking at hands like A10 or AJ for MP and AQ for the cutoff, but without a read I would put CO on 1010, JJ, or QQ. As for your push - if you read MP or the cutoff for a pair, you're pushing knowing you're at best a slight dog b/c I think they will call - and keep in mind MP has not acted again - his minraise could be KK or AA making a "sweetener" raise (although since you hold AK this isn't likely but isn't impossible).

Honestly, the more I think and write I'm not sure what I'd do here. Half of me would want to fold, but the devil on my shoulder would want me to make a push. But since I think your push is going to be called by a LOT of PP's, I'm not sure I'd push knowing I'm in a flip. Usually I want to be pretty sure I can get some folds if I shove with AK. Tough hand though bro.