View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: AQs - how would you play?

If 3xBB pre-flop bets were usually being called by multiple players than I'd consider raising more. Otherwise, pre-flop looks pretty standard.

I hate making continuation bets out of position against multiple opponents. If I knew that my opponents were very loose pre-flop then MAYBE I'd fire out a bet. Otherwise, I'd just check-fold here. If you have a tight image (and here you don't with the new player, obviously) then maybe you can come over the top and represent a big hand. But more often then not you'll get called and be behind. It's one of those situations where your opponents just don't *know* they should fold, so they don't - can't make a move on somebody who only thinks about their own hand.

In terms of the amount of the continuation bet, about half the pot is considered standard but only because Harrington said it was. In reality, at these stakes and with these blind levels it will often take a little more than half the pot (maybe 2/3) to make a continuation bet effective. Again, this is often table dependent and based on your image and how others are playing. I'd probably make it 600 because I think that looks much bigger than it really is versus 550.

I would fold to the re-raise.