View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: kk vs maniac, dangerous monotone flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, enough of this bullshit. Please give me a hand range for villain, then a hand range for villain calling a bet, then run it through pokerstove. Try 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 first.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously are correct Xorbie, but I do have one quibble. Villain can't put Hero on a black overpair. Put another way, Villain doesn't know that Hero doesn't have a better heart. I wouldn't be anxious to get it all in here with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, that's the point. Even a hand as bad as 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] has you. Are there a lot of these marginal hands that are slightly ahead that will fold to a push? Of course there are. But now imagine the hands that will call you, and how likely they are given a player who raises marginal holdings (many of which hit this flop hard, this player-type loves s00ted cards) and calls RRs with them.

[ QUOTE ]

Are we in a spot to call a bluff? There are a lot of non-heart hands he could have and improve with that he might fold to a push. If a heart hits would you consider calling?

When the pot is big I want to maximize my chances of winning it.

If he wants action, he's going to get unlimited action from my KK if over 18% of his stack goes in pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pot isn't that big, and thats just an awful theory anyways. And I believe the point of the check flop, call turn comment was just comparing that line to the flop push, not really suggesting it as optimal play.