View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Re: A post for Tommy Angelo.

I would check this flop every once in a while (say 75-80% bet out and 20-25% try to check raise), but I think clearly this is not the time to do it.

The main reason IMO is because the pot is four-handed instead of two or three-handed. A free card is not so dangerous on this board, but when you start adding in a bunch of opponents, they probably have a good amount of outs added up. Heads up, I'd almost always check-raise here. But as you start adding more opponents, it gets more and more dangerous to give them a free look.

The second reason is because the pot is already pretty big just from the preflop action. I'd say you have to start trying to get them to fold. Ideally, the preflop three-bettor will raise out the rest of the field and you can take it from there.

I don't know why you got so dismayed when UTG bet out on the river. He clearly doesn't have a four or he would have check-raised the turn when you bet and he was last to act. You have majorly under-represented your hand here. This is a very easy call. You should never fold this hand. Not in a million years. Why does everyone always feel the need to make a big laydown?