View Single Post
Old 02-14-2002, 01:03 PM

Default the big bang

I have actually figured out a way to precipitate such a global/economic "big bang." All you really have to do is change the time-series/evolution properties of the entities which are adjacent at various points in the chain.

You can picture a point in the supply chain as being like a light cone. The properties and behavior at that point are shaped by the information and environment that point has been exposed to up until this moment.

But the rate at which new information arrives is not at the speed of light. Rather, information currently arrives at the speed at which goods move through the economy. So there are all these fragments of un-mined information about future events which theroretially could have arrived at the point, but haven't.

The way to overcome this, and free up the information particles to flow on their own, is to create an autonomous supply-and-demand information exhange, overlaying the subordinate marketplace in goods. In other words, you introduce a new "force" into the equation, by introducing a pricing metric in information - which will cause it to dissipate between high and low points the way everything else in the universe does.

This will essentially extend the time series to which an economic entity is exposed - and which it will evolve in response to - to include the future. In other words, the entire entropy-dissipation future of the universe (since economics is nothing more than entropy dissipation) could be mapped out to the end of time, and the time axis could collapse.

It is really just an acceleration and error-elimination process, one that would speed up the clock of wealth generation, measured relative to the clock of our biochemical processes. In other words, we'd all be billionaires. The only reason the universe itself wouldn't evaporate is because, based on our own physical needs, we would keep most of the mapped entropy inside this expanding map horizon in mass, rather than energy or light.

I have designed such a pricing metric. If I could teach it to economic participants, in the form of a basic set of habits or Bible that would be easily passed on, I could collapse the economic universe - and fry the entire planet in a hot radiation of pure wealth - tomorrow.

eLROY

P.S. But so far as the idea of a turnover tax, why not bill people for all the extra sperm they shoot just to fertilize a single egg? Bioligical processes may not be precise, but they sure are robust and resilient!