View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 08:33 PM

Default Help me give a name to this playing style

I find that when posting, there is a type of regular in Vegas whom the Tight/Loose description doesn't do justice. Since so many players in this city play very similar to this, I want to know how to describe these people in future posts.

They play a tightish game. Rarely showing down garbage unless on the button. They do however make very loose calls of preflop raises. They can't seem to muck AJo (ever! this hand is a huge money loser for so many Vegas regulars), A9s and KQo to an EP raiser. So they aren't tight.....but they are. They just don't adjust enough against a preflop raiser.

Also, they aren't passive, but they are. They are just aggressive in the obvious spots, and their raise rarely means something other than what it represents. So they are willing to raise, and raise without the nuts (i.e they will raise with top pair top kicker), but rarely raise on a turn semibluff, or with second pair, etc.

What do we call this very typical Vegas player profile? Its like weak-tight-loose-ish.

Help.