View Single Post
Old 09-05-2001, 07:19 PM

Default Re: This thread was not about David Sklansky.

"After all David is one of my Hero's. "

Vince, David is a hero to ALL of us. That's why I originally nominated him for Grand Poobah of the Universe. (that was before they gave me the job). However, if you are going to hero worship, you have to get your apostrophes right.

Seriously though, the player who was "dissing" Dave is probably not only misinformed, but has gotten the wrong image of Dave while Dave is playing. This wouldn't surprise me that much, really. If Dave is playing well, it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone had the WRONG IMPRESSION OF HIS PLAY. Perhaps the session where this individual got his opinion of Dave saw Dave getting far fewer than normal "good hands" dealt to him. Or maybe he missed the flop more than often and had to fold more. Well, maybe this player then concluded that Dave was easy to read. Obviously Dave must be weak-tight. He's tight, that's pretty clear, but he's weak because he never really did anything spectacular, never made any good plays. Perhaps this player formed his opinion without REALLY having sufficient information about Dave's playing.

Besides, we all know that Dave is a Super-Genius, just like us. Just like Wile E. Coyote too. So this guy must be full of something stinky to think any less of Dave. Somehow I doubt that Dave will go very far out of his way to change this dude's mind either. Anytime a player believes that you are playing differently than you really are, you MUST be gaining.

Dave in Cali