View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 03:25 AM

Default What a stupid and shortsighted attitude...

Maybe this isn't directly related to stocks like a technical buy signal, but you know there are important things to learning about investing in foreign countries in learning their history. People don't day-trade the Mexican market much, they trade it on fundamentals and understanding what relationships events have on stock prices and good investment possibilities. I tell the story because there are plenty of great investments to be had in Mexico. I gave one out a couple weeks ago (EKT), it was at 9.02 and its around 11.30 now. Is that a good enough reason to explain the history of the peso and industry because that understanding gave me this very nice winner. Understanding how things work in a foreign country is different than finding momentum signals. What you or Leroy trade on here in the US aren't going to work too well in most other markets. But if you prefer us all to just be blind idiots and have me not give any insight that may lead to winning investments in the future, why don't you just say that then??? If that is the case we will start just bowing to you when you say "this is it, the big run-up is here" with no reasoning whatsoever.