View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Take a shot? T7s

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those where betting seems to make some sense on paper, but after playing a couple 100k hands of 10/20 you realize that a bet gets called or raised in this spot 90-95% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stellar just moved up to 10/20. What's funny about the above statement is this:

As a general rule of thumb, you'd think there was more FE in 10/20 than there is in 5/10. On PP, the exact opposite is true. There's more FE in 5/10. Party is really amazing.

Dane, I think your 90%-95% numbers are very close to reality in 10/20. I also think those numbers are more like 75%-80% in 5/10 (which is where Stellar is coming from).

What happens in 10/20...especially if you're the PFR:

Flop comes xxx, they put you on AK.
Flop comes Axx, they put you on KQ.
Flop comes KQx, they put you on A5s.
Flop comes AKQ, they put you on 44.

Whatever the board is, they always find a way for their hand to be good or improvable and a rationalization to call. If they can no longer win by hitting, they will raise the turn. When I say "they", I'm not talking about the LPPs or the weak-tighties, but more about the 30/22s and 38/26s that have no clue how to play the style they chose. Every one of those players tries to win every hand they can. 10/20 6 max on Party is swarming with these types. Only a few successful players have actually mastered the "Nikla style".

Stellar, whatever you do, please don't fall into the 10/20 trap. And please don't bet that ten high hand.