View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Official High Boltage Thread (SD-Indy)

[ QUOTE ]
Rover,
Please find where I have ever placed ALL blame on Manning. I have simply maintained that
a) he was the perpetrator of a crucial penalty that inhibited the Colts from winning the game
b) he took a sack that ruined the same chance
c) he is a grand-master-pooh-bah choke artist

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see much difference between that and your half dozen or so post about Manning being a choker. You could see how I might have got the wrong impression...[ QUOTE ]

It comes down to the simple fact that HE is the leader and QB of the team. He would get all the praise if he had driven them to a game winning touchdown. Conversely, he recieves the blame.

Call it whatever you want, moxy, intagibles, whatever. Do I believe 100% that if you put Brady in there he would have won the game? Yes. How? I don't know- a lucky scramble, a different audible, instilling an impending sense of doom in the defense, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really need to consider the game as a whole and not just the few plays that in the end seem decisive(sp). I can't image any defense being significantly more scared shitless facing Brady than Manning. You can talk about and believe all that intangible stuff all you want. But that [censored] right there is ridiculous.

As for Manning getting all the credit/blame, just because the media are a bunch of fucktards doesn't give you the excuse to be.