View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: FF League Issue: You be the judge...

First of all, as others have addressed I don't think you should be allowed to make the move at all, you missed the deadline, arbitrary or not. The fact that you missed it and you didn't know about are completely on you.

Now, the fact the commish says he would have done the move had he been able to figure out how to on Monday morning (which may be a flat out lie, he probably didn't feel like bothering with it since its your screwup and he never should have been in this spot) complicates matters. You have some point that he should be held to his word.

However, I believe 2 factors supercede this. First, retroactively switching the result of a game is just shady as hell irregardless of all but the most ridiculous circumstances (i.e. you were kidnappped or your computer exploded so you couldn't make your moves) and will undoubtedly piss people off taking away from the enjoyment of the league.

Secondly, and most importantly. The pick up cutoff is not arbitrary. Say Sunday night rolls around and you see you haven't started a kicker except this time your matchup for the week is a total blowout or you've already cinched a win. You say to yourself oh well, that was stupid, I should have played a kicker but I now I don't need to so I'll just throw a blank up there. This means you don't have to make a move and put one of your players (Vanderjagt or whoever you would have dropped for Stover) onto waivers. This is a small, but distinct, advantage you have gained, hence the cutoff.