View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:43 PM

Default I do love that turn checkbehind

party 100NL 6 max. fairly weak tight table. I've been cold decked and have not played a lot of hands. I think these guys actually are able to notice that I'm tight.

dealt to amoeba on the button
Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 villain calls $1, CO folds, amoeba raises to $5, fold, fold, UTG+1 villain calls $4.

flop ($10) : 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

villain checks, amoeba bets $8, villain calls $8.

turn ($26) : T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

villain checks, amoeba checks.

I've been pretty tight and cold decked so I thought preflop raise would generate some fold equity. normally I don't raise with Q9s on the button.

my reasoning for checking the turn. any reasonable hand with a 9 has me beat right now (79, 89, T9), J9 has pair + oesd and probably won't fold making river tough to play if he calls a turn bet and river comes a Q.

it is possible he is on spade draw and I do risk being outdrawn but given that I'm not sure I'm ahead on the turn anyways, I place pot control in front of charging for a draw.

Standard?

results in a few.