View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:40 PM

Default is this just dumb?

Friend reviewed this hand and didn't at all like flop play. Hand is from awhile back and don't recall reads but based just on my play I'm fairly confident villain wasn't a psycho.

I raised because 1) pf capped pot; 2) IMM I had nothing to lose and no odds to call down/hope for gutshot (maybe my weakish bdfd makes that judgement wrong?). So I risked an extra sb hoping to check behind or maybe see sd for no more bets; might possibly have considered folding to flop 3-bet.

When turn gave me 4-card fl I figured since villain didn't 3-bet flop and wouldn't fold to a check, that he might think he was beat two ways now and possibly fold; should I be checking turn w/my new outs?

I most likely would've played differently > HU; and I don't make this play all day long but is my friend right that it's reckless? Just seems to me hanging on here by only calling and not trying to force something with an underpair HU on that board is weakish.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> ...

Mike