View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: AQs. NASTY HAND. PARTY 1/2.

[ QUOTE ]
You absolutely have to bet this flop. You reraised preflop, a K flops. AK is a likely hand for you, right? Bet the damned thing. If you are scared to bet here, don't three bet the AQs preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm. scared to bet? why would i be scared, this is limit poker...
this is one of the worst flops for my hand and im just trying to make good decisions as opposed to bad ones.

not sure if youve played this game, but it is usually quite tight preflop, so these guys usually have good starting hands, and AK is a likely hand for a sb that called 3.

[ QUOTE ]
Now here's the interesting thing that I would consider that nobody else has: Three bet the flop. This board is draw heavy, and you have position. People like to semibluff out of position with draws, to no end. The guy in the middle either has an absolute monster or a draw. I think he has the latter. Now, what about the guy in the front? Might as well find out, since you've made the pot huge. Pop it and take the free card, unless you spike an A on the turn. You may actually fold out the guy in front and be able to bet the turn headsup. Think about this for a second.

[/ QUOTE ]
not sure why id want to do this, raising the turn is the only way i could get this guy off a pair, and even then, ppl dont fold in big pots... especially online.

[ QUOTE ]
The river card actually kind of sucks for you. You must call, but I think you lost to 89. The question is does raising buy you the pot here? Doubt it. Call and hope your hand is good. You can't fold this river.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, i was worried that he did have 89 (although this would be insanely loose preflop play), but i figured there wasnt much chance he would fold this to a river raise anyway, so i called thinking he might have a JcTc hand, or maybe some ridiculous flop bluff w/ no hand, that hed given up on when both of us called.