View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

I wouldn't allow myself to feel any guilt. The customer service rep. is responsible for getting himself fired (assuming that he was actually fired). His behavior was unacceptable. His job is to deliver quality customer service and he demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to meet the basic requirement of his job. Furthermore, management made the decision to (allegedly) terminate his employment. Management could have simply issued a warning or found an alternative solution short of firing him. Also, it's very possible he lost his cool on other occasions and your complaint just expedited his inevitable termination. Ultimately, you are only responsible for your thoughts and behaviors. The customer service rep made unfortunate choices and now he's reaping the harvest he has sown. In my line of work, if my behavior approximated his I would be fired on the spot. Quality customer service requires a degree of emotional control this representative couldn't or wouldn't sustain. I applaud your assertiveness and contribution towards improving customer service for online poker players. Most sites, including Party, Absolute, Paradise, Ultimate Bet, etc. could learn a lot from Pokerstars (especially supervisor Jeff at PS).

JeffreyREBT "Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]