View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Party $10+1\'s....

[ QUOTE ]
My first 300 10's were breakeven. My next 600 were about 14% ROI, and after that it's been about 23% ROI pretty steady 8 tabling.

8 tabling is so boring now, it's hard to believe that in the beginning 4 tabling seemed like too much. I recommend that you sacrifice some early ROI to learn 8 tabling. Study ICM, K+S charts, and play the first 2 levels uber-tight. If you play 20-40 / day and study 1 hour / day, you will get there in 1000-1500 sngs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is very good advice, except for the part about 8 tabling right away. First, it is unrealistic to expect someone who is just beginning to beat the 11s to have 2 2001FP's to 8 table on, and without at least 1 second screen, trying to 8 table while learning will lead to overlap hell/horrendous play. My laptop displays 4 tables with some overlap, but it is very managable, and 6 tables is right on the edge of doable with some practice, but I can't imagine what it would've been like when I was first starting out to try and play 8 tables all once on my single screen.

Also, 8 tabling right away may not only sacrifice a few points of ROI, it could very easily turn a +EV player into a very -EV very quickly, and it is hard to learn fast enough when you are losing money 8 tables at a time.