View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Party $10+1\'s....

I guess it depends on what kind of poker knowledge and skills you have to begin with. I was doing that in the 5s and 10s and 20s almost immediately. When I went to the 25 + 2 turbos on Stars, I got my butt kicked for the first 3 or 4, then I became quite dominant. I am now on the 50 + 5 on Party, and 55 + 5 turbos on Stars, I didn't cash like my first 3 times, but after that I took off. I will say the 50 + 5s and the 55 + 5s are a very noticeable skill jump, but nothing I couldn't handle. I'm looking forward to the 100s and 105 turbos, after I make a few more bucks. After about 60 of the 55 + 5s, I'm up about 500 bucks, which is lower than what I think it should be, but I have been working a lot of kinks out of my game, and think it should only get better.

I realize this is a small sample, but I know when I'm outplaying, or being outplayed, I've played poker for many years. I honestly don't have any idea what my "true" ROI is, but I believe it will prove to be pretty good when I have enough games under my belt for the numbers to actually mean something.

Back to the original premise, it depends a lot on what skills you had coming in. If you are already a very good player, it should shape up pretty quickly. If you are not already a good poker player, then this forum seems to be the nuts for SNGs, so read it as much as you can, and you should get there.