View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: 2 Big calls...donkey or pro?

Hi AIL,

Hand 1: I really don't think you should be betting the turn, and if you do, I wouldn't bet 80. I would generally check-call when I was relatively certain I wasn't ahead and Villain seemed to concur, and I would check-raise big when there was more doubt. Betting 80 and then not pushing over the top of his raise (which I don't recommend anyway) lets him get exactly as much money in on the turn as he's comfortable with when he has a good one pair hand. The river call is situation/opponent dependent; could be good I guess.

Hand 2 is so god-awful that I suspect you won this one, and that planted some doubt in your mind as to whether this might be OK. It ain't. You don't beat a fair number of his bluffs--wouldn't you be sick to be paying off the busted nut (hehe) diamond draw? And, he doesn't really look like he's bluffing to me. I mean, you bet 180 on the turn to shut out his draws, right? And he called...basically you beat QJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 87 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and it's entirely possible those hands would've raised you on the turn.

Me no likey.