View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: MS (WPT & WSOP) vs. Atlantic City (WPT) events--which one?

If you are going to Tunica you need to get your hotel room NOW.
Hotels were being sold-out in 2003 when it was just the WPO and this was BEFORE the Moneymaker boom.
Now, poker is much much bigger and there are 2 events.

You will need to fly into Memphis and it's another 30 minutes from there so you'll have to rent a car or make other arrangements.

The Grand and the Gold Strike (the 2 places hosting events) are about 5 minutes apart driving...but you can't walk between the too (well, technically you could, but I promise that you wouldn't want to).
There are shuttles that run between the places but I don't think it runs 24 hours (probably 8a-midnight or something...but I really don't know).

The single-table satellites that they run are mostly fine to just use as 'real' money.
If you win of the 'entry chips' for $500 or $1000 you can usually find someone who is buying-in directly for one of those events who will sell it to you.

I'm pretty sure they will also run other tourneys that aren't listed on the schedule (such as a daily $300 event at 3pm or something like that).

Lots of the 'big names' were coming to Tunica when it was JUST the WPT and the side-games including Brunson, Hellmuth, Greenstein, Ferguson, etc.
So I imagine that 2 tourneys running side by side could be even more popular.

The side-game action is great. It's a very WSOP-like atmosphere because of all the action.
Lots of long wait-lists at times though which is kind of annoying...but 2 seperate places running their own thing might actually help to divide the traffic.