View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Fold AAxxss preflop fold vs. other \"big\" hands??

[ QUOTE ]
I have been the biggest winner by far in the PLO games

[/ QUOTE ]

None of them said this, funnily enough. They all said, that you were an ultra-tight, successful short stack player. And as I understood it, most of the Amsterdam action died out a quite some time ago.

[ QUOTE ]
Yet the only thing I hear is that *their* (and your) analysis is correct, and that *mine* is wrong. Well, then I would say: Yeah definitely there is something wrong - but I am fairly certain it is not my analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not struggling - I dont do this for a living. Any money I make is pure gravy. FWIW winning doesnt mean that your analysis is right. Lot's of players win without having a damn clue how they are doing it. I'm not saying you are of that ilk, just that the idea that winning = rightness and more winning = more rightness is absurd.

I also think you may have misunderstood me. When I said that it didnt make much difference either way, I was referring to the situation when you are *sure* your foe has another AA. I also said that it would nearly always be alright to call, just your edge wouldnt be huge. Of course I WASNT referring to whether your foe had the other AA or KK as being not much difference; this is a huge difference.

And despite what you seem to think, the situation described by the original poster was almost 95%+ AA, online, unless the foe was a maniac or tilter.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I hope we can leave it at this. I actually think you are a good guy, and hope that you won't be the next one in my (already very long!) list of enemies. I genuinely mean it when I wish you all the best

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get that upset about anything. I will put your incidental rudeness down to being Dutch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl

dd