View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Lead or CR this river?

Live 5-5 NL Game in Pittsburgh

Game is remarkably passive, 10 handed, often with 5-7 players seeing the flop for $5. Preflop raises below 10x BB often do little more than eliminate 1 or 2 limpers. I have ~1000 behind and Villain has ~550 at the start of hand.

UTG+1 limps, MP1 limps, Villain limps in CO, button limps, SB checks, Hero looks down at the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and checks. 6 to the flop of:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, <font color="red"> </font> Hero bets $25, <font color="black"> </font> two folds, Villain calls $25, button and SB fold.

TURN ($80): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain checks.

At this point I am 90% sure that the villain has clubs, and probably not nut clubs or he would have made a stab at the turn. Anyone like a bet on the turn rather than a check?

RIVER ($80): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> </font> Hero bets $200...

<font color="black"> </font> Obviously I made the overbet b/c of my relative assuredness of what he held. But I also know that he would have bet, probably about 50, had I checked it to him (if he does indeed have the flush). He is the kind of player that has a tough time laying down a made hand but I think there is a decent chance that a river CR could strike some fear into him. Does anyone like a CR all-in here rather than leading out with the overbet?