View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: How long have you been in the stock market?

[ QUOTE ]
what have you traded so far vindikation I might be able to help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been experimenting with a number of different things so in that process I've made 29 trades in 2 months (trying a lot of different things to see what I feel comfortable with). Plus the day I started trading was the first day in October and the entire market went into a slump for 3 straight weeks. This was a great welcome mat into the stock market.

I would have been way in the black in November with 2 swing trades on GTRC and MOT but I lost money on ATVI. For various reasons ATVI took a big dive in November. At this time I didn't set stop losses when I bought a stock and the thing just dropped like a rock. I eneded up selling it for a loss 2 weeks ago, but have bought back shares this week. ATVI looks to be ready to bounce back in the next week with analysts being wrong and it being added to the NASDAQ 100 on Decmber 19.

If ATVI goes up $0.50 I'm well in the black for the year and feel that I've learned a good system of swing trading that will work for me. I don't know how long I'll be able to handle the stress of swing trading, but at least I have a system down now that helps me to pick out stocks but also protects me from losses I've experienced in the past.