View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Bankroll building success (and failure) stories anyone?

Well, I typed out a nice long story about my short time playing poker, but when I went to Eurobet's cashier to check my current bankroll, IE went to some Eurobet page and when I pressed back the post was gone. So, here's the Coles notes version:

Novemeber 2004: Learn the rules of hold'em

November-January: Play freerolls on Pokerchamps and .01/.02 limit

January: Get $100 from PSO's instant bankroll

January-mid February: Play .5/1 and $11 SNGs, at one point getting down to $25. Made it back to $300, and started bonuswhoring.

Mid-February to Mid-March: Ran hot; worked my way up through the limits from .5/1 to 5/10. Started playing steps for fun, won a step 5 after buying into step 2.

Mid-March-April: Bought into step 3s, winning 4 more step 5 freerolls: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 6th (yeah, I run good)

April: Tried out a $215, played way too fancy but was lucky enough to cash anyway. Thought they weren't as tough as I expected, so I played them some more.

April-yesterday: 4-tabled the $215s. Almost had to drop down to $109s at one point, but swung back up.

Yesterday: Got my new 2001FP in the mail, and started 8-tabling. It doesn't seem that hard. (Like I said... I run good!)

As of today, my cashouts/bankroll add up to $35600