View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: ($11) KQ OESD blah

I like the preflop limp but I hate the flop raise. That is an awful move and you turn your hand into 72os if the original raiser 3-bets you all in which he is likely to do if you call him "crazy". Also if you are going to re-raise him show some aggression and bet the pot, but once you re-raise you pot committ yourself. Re-raising here excercises no pot control and soon the pot is so large that you cannot bet at it without being all-in.

I like the turn check, since you are probably way ahead or marginally behind with your heart redraw (unless somebody has the Ah).

Due to your turn check you inevitably induced UTG to take a bet at the river so you are forced to call since his range is so wide due to your percieved weakness. Also you are getting 6:1 so a case could be made for calling this bet with an incredibly wide range of hands due to the pot odds alone.

Of course if you were thinking about re-raising the river, I would say that is ill-advised since I don't think very man hands that you have beat will call a river raise.

FWIW Smaller pots are easier to play.