View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: defending you Big Blind in a 10 or 9 seat full ring game...

I know the answer to this is "Yes."

I believe the answer is yes b/c you post the blinds more often in the 5 or 6 seat SH game, and, as a result of this you must defend your Big Blind "tenaciously" in a short handed game, as well as 3 bet the raiser more often.
This is because the quality of hands you are likely to be up against in the SH
game is much less, and guys will raise your Big Blind in SH with any Ace, any K, or Q7s, right?

In the 10 or 9 seat game, you are much more likely to be up against an actual real hand, so you should not be defending your big blind as much, right? (plus you can afford to "let it go" and fold more, as you don't post it that often...you can play the waiting game more at Longhand, waiting for the real qulaity hands/the decent hands w/ position, etc.)

I want to know if I should be calling someone's raise to "take a flop" when I have 45s in the Big Blind in a longhanded game...
how about J9o...do I call?
How about 109o or 108o? Should I 3 bet the guy with A4s? or 66?

I just read Ed Miller's article on SH play on his new website (which is why I know you have to act crazily to defend you BB in a SH game...) - so I'm not taking any real credit for knowing this...lol
I also lose whenever I play shorthanded...no doubt because of my lack of knowledge on which hands to defend my big blind with/which hands to 3 bet with out of the BB...