View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:13 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Anyone have Exact Chip Counts of the Raymer vs. Kanter hand?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, I didn't know there was a post count qualification that you had to meet before responding to a hand strategy discussion. I also didn't know that the 2004 World Series Champ was beyond review. (someone should tell this to the Moneymaker haters)

No wonder everyone gets run off this board. I posted my opinion, and forget that this is Raymer, and just think about the hand logically. All you guys seem to think it's great that Raymer put his tournament life in jeopardy on one pair (he didn't know what Kanter had, btw) at this stage in the tourney.
Why isn't there any posts yelling at Hachem for his absurd move of pushing all his stack in when Ivey made a play at the pot. He had trip Jacks. He should've sucked more chips from Ivey, right? I mean, it would've put him in a great position to win. Oh yeah, he did win. My bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. If you come in here like some self-assured "plick" when you have 1 and 1/2 posts on these boards, and begun to criticize the play of someone like Greg Raymer, yeah, you're going to get run off the boards. Here's why:

1. You're WRONG

2. Greg was RIGHT

3. Greg bested something like 2500 players in 2004 and outlasted close to 5600 this year and had a shot at winning it again. You don't get THAT lucky in large fields like that two years in a row, there's obviously an extremely high level of skill involved.

4. Raymer caused his opponent to make a mistake and created a large pot that would make it even easier for him to bully others and accumulate chips, as most of the remaining players were trying to move up in the money spots.

Poker is about causing your opponents to make mistakes (whether it's getting their money in as a dog to you, or getting them to fold a better hand).

Raymer got unlucky, but was a huge favorite to win. The guy was a donk for playing Q/J sooted anyway. Even if he hits his pair, he's likely behind if Raymer is on A/Q or A/J. The guy saw sooted paint cards and decided to gamble with them.

Then he didn't believe Raymer had a hand and made a play on the turn, with outs to his flush (which I respect, it wasn't too bad a play, if Raymer doesn't have K/K or if the guy is trying to represent a made set or something).