View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Am I too timid or is Ace Queen very foldable to a reraise?

Hi guys. I'm mainly a reader of this site. Don't post too often but am working daily to improve my game.

Last night I was playing live in a 3 table tourney. Started with 2000 chips but around an hour into it I'm down to 1100 and blinds are 50/100. I raise early with Ace Queen off and a guy in middle position reraises me all in. He usually shows good cards and I don't think he's bluffing. I put him on decent pocket pair or ace king. I figure that I'm either a slight underdog or dominated. I fold and decide to pick a better spot for the rest of my chips but since a better hand never came along I woke up today and began to rethink the experience.

I have that Doyle line stuck in my head about how there are many players that will put all their chips in there with ace queen and they're not good players but they'll do it. Yet in the wild wild west that has become modern hold em, ace queen can often seem like a powerhouse against some of the garbage we see.

Was I too timid? Was attempting to win that hand a necessary risk towards advancing in the tournament? Or is folding a better option in the long run?

Thanks for your help.