View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Help evaluating my game (new to STT forum, not to 2p2)

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the # of games you've played so far and those stats, you're doing very well.

Based on stats alone, the thing to look for IMO is ITM, ROI, finish distro, and % of games you finish in the top 4 - which can give you an idea on how you're playing vs variance. You're ITM, ROI and finish distro are very good for the 544 games you've played.

SNGPT, as stated above, is an excellent tool to further improve your push/fold game.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm just wondering if there are any OTHER stats you guys look at to evaluate your meta-game. I read the FAQ so I realize I'm doing well as far the %s, but maybe more specific vpip numbers and such?

Incidently, I find Giga's block theory really helped me here. I really believe it was the missing piece to my game, and made me go from being probably (I didn't really play SnGs much until I ran into gigatheory in the MTT forum) a breakeven player to where I am now. I find his theory helps to both keep yourself from being weak tight, and punishing other players from being weak tight (which I think overall is the most profitable weakness to exploit in SnGs).