View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: So I just lost 30K......

[ QUOTE ]

Just taking him for his word that he 'knows what he's doing' just because he says so is a mistake.
Far more losing streaks are due to inferior play than many players are willing to admit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. My losing streak was not purely bad luck, nor purely bad play, but a vicious combination of the two.

[ QUOTE ]

Jonny admits that his play is flawed at times...but also just points to various bad-beats as the reason why he's losing so much. And I think that pointing to all of one's bad-beats instead of taking a long, hard look at one's own play is the unhealthy way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
I review my big losing hands after every session and see how I could have played them better. Usually I learn from them and won't make the same mistake again... This is a good tactic to use and I would encourage anyone trying to better their game to do so.
[ QUOTE ]

In short: It's hard to have much patience for the wide variety of players who say, "I'm a good player. I really really am. But I'm super-duper unlucky. But I know that I know what I'm doing."
It comes up over and over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I pretty much hate those people too. I always tell my roomate after one of us is running hot/cold: "We all have the same luck in the long run, so stop complaining" etc..

I think its fair to say I know what I'm doing. I have studied the game and been critical of my own play. How many players turn $50 into $100K in a 150K hand, 1.5 year period? Answer: none who are not HIGHLY critical of their own play.