View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Post-flop play: AA, KK, and AK

Well, first off, your winrate seems sort of low. A lot of good players 4-table the 6-max and can make at least 5 PT BB/100.

With this in mind, I would move down in limits and work on your winrate while not worrying about the money.

As far as postflop situations, I take extensive notes, especially when I see a min-raise, on what that means each time for that player. Playing against min-raises correctly in those games is a huge key to success. For me, it's just a matter of noticing opponents' betting patterns and exploiting. A lot of people will minraise or min-CR on flop and / or turn w/ monsters... you have to watch. Others will do it with a draw to get a free card, or to set up a bluff where they've seen people lay down to the min-raise play. Others will do it on the turn to get to a cheap showdown w/ a good but not great hand. Just pay attention to opponents' tendancies...

So, what I think I'm saying is, move down or only play 2 tables and concentrate on taking as many notes as possible during play. When I 2-table, my winrate approaches 10 BB / 100 at a 6-9 handed table over like 20k hands or so (small sample, i know), but I haven't run particularly good or bad in that time.

Good luck...

edit: also, if it's a complete unknown, do your best to play smaller pots until you get a read... Or else you're just going to have to make assumptions on the average playing ability on the site / limits you play and go from there. Very sub-optimal.