View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Estragon explains

Disclaimer : I'm not vying for the position of prophet of sklanskyanity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
(I have better suggestions than that!)

[ QUOTE ]
If you knew anything about the marriage customs of Mary’s day you would realize your remark makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ] Sklansky's dismissive remark was obviously in the same context as "The Life Of Brian". It made perfect sense in our chaotic universe.

[ QUOTE ]
Your remark was out of the blue. To direct it to one of my posts was uncalled for.

[/ QUOTE ] When making a remark about something generally observed in a thread (or in other threads) or a remark that has a more general application, the man has to post somewhere! Consider your post as the one where Sklan happened to go over the top. Not the one that caused that, necessarily.

[ QUOTE ]
If you feel the need to educate the world against religion, go for it.

[/ QUOTE ] All this is ego shiatsu for Sklansky, more than anything, I would guess. Which, in some people's opinion, can also be beneficial for the participants in or the observers of the discourses here.

But it is more "about" than "against" religion. His recent "outburst" seems untypical but that's what sometimes happens when one summarizes.