View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Sklansky\'s Godot

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying it is name calling to say that someone who cheats on their husband is a "ho"? If so then you are right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I am not saying that. ( Although, of course I could say that it is name calling. One who cheats on her husband is not by definition a whore.) Like I said in my response to your post where you made this remark: If you knew anything about the marriage customs of Mary’s day you would realize your remark makes no sense. I suggest you consult with one or your genius friends who has “… studied the field…” (I am not even sure we need the additional … “…almost as hard as the other guy…” ) to see why it was wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
But it is not name calling to say that the Catholic religion is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is not. Here you are correct. That is a opinion. It has been obvious that it is an opinion that you probably (You never stated that you do share it. I learned a while ago, not to assume anything that you do not directly state) share. I figured that was your opinion from the start when I entered into the discussion you originally started. I have no problem with that.

My real problem here is 1) Your remark was unnecessary, it served only to insult those who you invited into (when you starting the whole subject) your discussion . 2) It was in a reply to my post that was totally out of context. In my post, I wasn‘t even talking about my religion. Your remark was out of the blue. I did not appreciate hearing it at all, but to direct it to one of my (in particular) post was uncalled for. I think I have been as objective as a believer can possibly be, if not in all of my posts then, in most of them. (The one’s where I might have used subjective language would have been due to my misunderstanding of the subject.)

[ QUOTE ]
If even one person stops believing in something that is incorrect because I called it ridiculous, that noble goal more than makes up for any impoliteness. And of course, you can replace Catholicism with any other religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel the need to educate the world against religion, go for it. (Quite frankly I had no idea the issue held such importance. I never joined the discussion to evangelize my religion. Most of my post about any specifics of my religion were simply to informed the reader things that were either misinterpreted or flat out wrong.)

I had assumed the discussion was started simply for logical exercise. For that, I found it interesting and am grateful to have been able to partake. I also found it enjoyable to discuss such matters with those of different views and (more) often with those of a higher caliber of intellect than mine. This particular topic has ceased to be any of these for me. So, in addition to the fact that I think the topic is just about exhausted, I am finished with the discourse.