View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: First time ever called a donkey - Could it be true?

[ QUOTE ]
After reading your responses I have to agree that the check raise move was a pretty bad play. I should have slow played and just called the flop. I am trying to change over from a weak-tight to a classic tight aggressive. Per your advise and Dr. Schoonmaker's in Psychology of Poker (an incredible book in case you haven't read it) one thing I need to change is to slow play more when I have a big hand. You are right I should have won more chips with this hand instead of going for the quick score.

I guess the conclusion is that I did play like a donkey but for reasons different than the players at the table thought. Thanks for the advise and the help towards improving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think leading out or check/calling the flop are better than the checkraise. You don't want to tip people off that you have a huge hand and give them a chance to get away.

Often times you get lambasted by fish for good standard plays that they don't understand, but most pros and other strong players do.

In this case, almost any player, weak or strong, would call the miniraise from teh BB with a multiway pot and random suited cards.