Thread: Party Rakeback
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Party Rakeback

It would be nice though if,

[ QUOTE ]
. . . who partially controls its content.

[/ QUOTE ] was mostly limited to:

1) letting guys (advertisers) like Olback continuously post their annoying spam disguised as "advice" in EVERY SINGLE THREAD

2) anything outlined in the T&C's of this forum

rather than constant deleting of threads that may be remotely related (in a negative way) to any of the mod's or their business.

A fair number of these deleted threads had good information that would be useful to anyone not yet set up with a program. A perfect example was a thread a couple of days ago about "Trackers being turned off again". That thread was easily the most active that I have seen in a long time and had a fair number (20 ish) of responses in a short period of time, including some by this forum's moderators, and then for no apparent reason the whole thread vanished.

Sure, delete spam. Delete "pm me" requests. Delete anything that violates the T&C's that you've outlined. But don't delete the thread just cause you don't like it (I don't recall a "I don't like" outline in the T&C"s) . . . and for god sakes please don't delete a thread that is actually evoking discussion that may end up helping someone out.

That is the kind of crap I believe that has turned this forum into a ghost town. I for one would have liked it to succeed, but with no more than 10-15 people at any time of the day on average browsing this forum I would highly doubt that these folks will continue to pay for it's "sponsorship" for very long.