View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Re: My Situation with Halo

[ QUOTE ]
how good could you possibly be good if youve only spent 30 hours playing both games combined? even if you cant hit a target now that youre on default you probably couldnt hit one well before. im also not sure why you made this thread if you hardly play the game.

sorry to be harsh. however, if you were a serious halo player i would entirely understand your problem. southpaw players cant do anything, unless perhaps you were good with your pinkie finger. if you made this thread because youll be playing alot of halo in the future with your addict roomate, it shouldnt take you long to adapt to the new playing style since youve only trained yourself for a limited period of time anyway.

alot of the timing in halo is muscle reflex after youve played the game long enough. if you had been playing relentlessly on south paw, by switching you would probably be losing almost all of your skills. i doubt thats the case here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand the problem very well. Maybe I'm quick to become and old dog, but 30 hours to me is a lot in terms of the subconscious and muscle memory. Good reply, though I was actually prety competent before. But, this is only because I am tactfully aware and fairly good naturally at the game.

[censored] it. So far, from the replies here (and my friend's suggestion) it looks like I'm going to learn to game over again as default. I'm sure it can be done. Just a lot of hard work to be good at a stupid video game.