View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: The Best Player in the NBA is . . .

Boring or not, its Duncan and I really don't think it is all that close right now. IMO the Best Player should be defined as the guy who gives you the best chance to win the Title. To do this you have to be able to dominate individually and elevate your teammates level of play just by being on the court.

Duncan is just so damn solid, he's an excellent, excellent defender, very good rebounder, and his post game opens up all the cutting lanes for Parker and Ginobli and all of Bowen's 3s. I've thought the last 2-3 yrs. the best player debate has come down to KG and Duncan, with the difference being Duncan's more productive game in the post. KG has a glaring tendency to settle for jumpers and fadeaways that Duncan avoids by taking it down to the middle. KG catching the ball too far out and settling for the outside shot has killed a mediocre Twolves team multiple times down the stretch in close games this year.

Kobe and TMac are no where close to the best player in the NBA. You can't be the best player in the NBA playing the 2 or 3 unless you make your teammates a lot better (i.e. Jordan, Magic, Bird) and neither of these guys makes their teammates much better at all. Neither of these guys seem to "get it" and I'm thinking they never will.

Shaq of course is too old.

Nash is a great QB, but he's gawdawful at D.

AI deserves serious consideration cuz he can make his teammates better and is a force on both ends.

LeBron is on his way, but not there yet.

Dwayne Wade is very good but is another little guy that doesn't make his teammates better enough.

The title is Duncan's until LeBron or another young guy comes up to take it away from him.