View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: QQ UTG vs. good players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about this one for a while. I think I want a cheap showdown. I think I call here with plans to call down decent bets (bets I would have made anyway). I think we are up against 99-JJ or the wheel. If you are raise (which is not a bad play) and are called then you have committed your stack to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something i need to learn.. calling down with good hands when you're unsure and facing aggression.. normally i'd try to get it all in and hope im not up against KK-AA, 2pr or the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like a WA/WB situation. Not many cards are likely to help either one of you so getting to showdown cheap is the way to go. Villain might keep on betting, but most villains under bet their monsters (don't want to scare you off) so you probably get off cheaper when you are behind and if you are ahead you still win a nice pot. If villain checks a blank turn (and we check behind)and a blank river then we have an interesting decision, don't we? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]