View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: HOWARD STERN, The FCC, and INDECENCY ???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It makes me wonder what is a "commonly-shared" resource. Isn't everything owned by somebody

[/ QUOTE ]

Who owns all that oxygen you're breathing? I claim it. Please stop breathing until you've paid me for it, I think $10 per breath sounds fair PM me for payment details.

[/ QUOTE ]

1)Actually, airspace disputes are not all that unheard of. Just because no one charges you to breathe doesn't mean they couldn't try. I grant you that it would be a ridiculous assertion, but not because of the ownership issues. However:
2)Why not look at everything I said, instead of grabbing one thing out of context and running with it? Didn't I mention the fact that many of the things that are "free" to us are available to us because of the grace of the owners? It is intrinsic to us that we breathe free air, so it is difficult to conceptualize, and I'm not saying that I think we should be charged for air consumption...I have no problem conceding the personal rights to my airspace for the privilege of breathing and flying through others'...but, we are getting WAAAAAYYYYY off the point about the FCC. I don't think anyone is confusing breathing air with airwaves.