View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 05:36 PM

Default AA v KQx flop with aggressive raising.

3/6 lim game at local B&M.

Table is typical loose passive. Villian is new to the table and has shown aggression but folds with pressure when he is bluffing.

I have AA in middle position and raise, villian reraises and I cap it. 4 people in the pot so to the best of my knowledge the pot is $48 as both sb and bb call the raises and reraises.

flop comes KQx, and I bet $3 and villian reraises to $6. I call and the flop is rag. I check to the villian and he bets $6. I fold thinking he really does have a set of K's or Q's.

My table image at this table was very tight. The table had me on a big pair.

On the way home as I was replaying this hand I figured I should have either check raised him on the turn or just called his turn bet and his river bet regardless of whether I thought he had a set.

One other note. A player two seats to my right groaned when the flop hit. I figured he probably laid down a King or a Queen preflop as he would normally play anything connecting the flop. After the hand he told me he has KQo.

Was this a good laydown or should I have called the 11:1 odds on the turn and 13:1 odds on the river?