View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Hit and Run vs. Taking Command vs. Trapping

Thanks for the feedback cero_z. Here are some hands that I have posted in the past 2 or 3 weeks. Can you please point out my leaks and what to do about them?

Hand 1:

"1-2 blind NL holdem. I had been raising to 4 or 6 almost every hand pre-flop at the time this hand came about. Nobody ever challenged me by going over the top. I had built up my stack from a low of 40 to where it was by stealing on the flop 2 times out of 3.

I'm on the CO with $104 and 5 limp to me in this tight-passive game. I have 78o and raise to 6 and everyone (including the blinds) calls. Flop comes 692 with two diamonds. Everyone checks to me and I bet 35. Everyone folds to an early position player who checkraises me 35 more. The rest fold. Heads up. Should I: Fold? Call? or Raise all-in? Results later."

I moved in.

Hand 2:

"I had ran up my 100 into 350 over 4 hours of play. My image has been loose-aggressive as I stole a lot of flops and made a lot of small pre-flop raises almost from any position.

The hand: Six players call the 2 dollar big blind when I see a K8o on the button. Knowing that the SB and BB are tight-passive, I call. SB calls then BB raises 5 more to 7 dollars. Everyone except two call.

Flop comes K83 two flush. Everyone checks to me and I bet 40. Everyone folds except the player seated four to my right.

Turn comes 9 offsuit. At this point, I have about 300. My lone opponent moves all in for $210. What should I do at this point?

This post concerns only what I should do on the turn. Call or fold?"

Results: I called.