View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Huh? Limp Reraise, from the third limper

My first instinct was that he must have a midrange pair and I need to push, but I checked his numbers and noticed he was 12/5 and I started second guessing myself. If he was seeing so few flops, granted it was over a small sample size, but I didnt see a need to push in my entire stack on my second hand there, with JJ. It made me lean much more to AKs, there were two limpers in front he figured its a decent hand to play multiway, lets see a cheap flop and go from there, then it folds to me and I raise out of position back to him, hes got AK, so he probably figures I dont have AA or KK, he figures let me take control since he has position so he raises me back, expecting me to freeze. With no timebank I start thinking, and since I just started my session, I was not 100% focused and my time bank almost ran out so I called behind, which was a mistake since I wasn't getting odds to draw to a set, and once I call behind that is essentially what I am doing. The flop came K high and I insta-checked to him, he potted it after a slight delay, and I annoyingly mucked, knowing I just flushed away 20 bucks by not thinking through the hand enough. I asked him what he had, got no response so I went on my way.

I believe the proper way to play this hand, as I've been thinking about it all day is to push preflop. It just does not make sense for him to have AA or KK, so really I think his range is 66-QQ, or AKs, AQs, or him being an idiot.