Thread: K8s UTG
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 07:06 AM

Default Re: K8s UTG

fsu,

discussing this hand is at the same time both great and useless.....decisions like this in hands like these are quintessential to big-bet....but, once general mechanics of the game are understood, there is no real "right" answer here and everything comes down to the player - your read of him, his tendencies, the gear he's in, what gear he thinks you're in, etc (which is why I just cannot play this game well on the internet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) and then applying the correct strategy accordingly.....

some random thoughts about the general stuff though......

it's a raised pot and effective stacks are just over 100bb to start the hand - stacks are WAY too shallow here to think about any kind of "calling a turn checkraise hoping to improve" (if you're behind, you're likely drawing to 4 outs) REGARDLESS of how little you bet on the turn.....the only reason I'd ever think about underbetting this turn is if I'm playing against the type of guy will checkraise at any hint of weakness - and then of course I'd be underbetting merely to set a trap......

some key things to think about are: is this villain the type of player to checkraise the turn big without a cinch made hand? (either pure bluff or semi-bluff) - some guys just aren't and if the answer to that is indeed no, there just aren't too many "real" hands you are ahead of on the turn......if the answer is yes or sometimes, you need to get a read on how the current gear you're in might affect that.....could the probability of him having a hand like TsTx or 8x7s or AsKx etc. be high enough to make calling/pushing worth it? (both in terms of how he played his hand preflop and on the flop as well as the turn).....