View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: ATs against a LAG

Since when did AJs become an insta 3bet against a LAG UTG raise. I may or may not be a 3 bet but its definatly not insta anything. AQs is a pretty clear 3 bet to me pf, AJs I can don't mind playing it either way but I prolly lean toward folding even though he's got a 16% pfr. UTG raises are just no fun to play and if you look at his range of hands, your either a slight favorite or a huge dog. I can think of maybe 1 hand (ATs) where your a significant favorite). To that end I just can't 3 bet w/ATs b/c I can't figure out what hand your ahead of. On top of that if you flop an ace, how are you going to play it? Are you going to be able to get away from it HU against a lag, HELL NO!!! Your going to showdown with it b/c he's a lag and the problem with that is that you'll be dominated a lot.

The flop peel is fine b/c you've got overs that may be good and 2 bd draws.

I'm not sure I like the turn raise b/c he's either got an overpair or Ax and drawing to 3 outs so your likely to get 3 bet or get him to fold a hand correctly, not good options IMHO.

River, I just call the c/r and echo the thougts of others. You're 3 bet doesn't have much value as I think theres a good chance your behind or splitting the pot and he's not folding AT. If he bluffed the c/r he's folding to your 3 bet so it doesn't have much value